"Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth." - Muhammad Ali
As little as one hour per week can make a positive impact on a child’s life. Each Club offers opportunities to work directly with youth as mentors, tutors, sports referees and coaches, and teachers of games such as chess, pool, scrabble-or possibly ballroom dancing. If you have a special talent you’d like to share, just let us know. The time of greatest need for volunteers is during the middle-to-late afternoon hours during the school year.
We also welcome corporations and other organizations seeking one day, project-based volunteer opportunities. Short-term projects and single event opportunities do occasionally arise. So, if you can’t make a long-term commitment, you may still be able to get involved!
At Boys & Girls Clubs of South Alabama we are proud of our excellent reputation as a safe haven for youth. Therefore, all volunteers must fill out an application, pass a background check, and read the volunteer handbook prior to being oriented by the Unit Director at the location where they wish to serve.
Please contact the Club closest to you to begin the application process.
How Can You Help?
• Reading with a child
• Helping with homework, art activities, games room, or gym
• Coach a sports team
• Special Events
• Chaperoning Field Trips
• Donating Snacks or Refreshments for special recognition days – A & B Honor Roll and monthly Birthday Celebrations, Holiday Parties and Celebrations (Christmas, Easter Egg Hunt, Fall Festivals, etc.)
• Resource Speaker (Share a talent or your career)
• Day of Care (Clean-up, Fix-up, Painting, Planting, etc.)
• Fundraising Events
• Membership Desk Clerk (answering the phone, and signing club members in and out)
VOLUNTEER APPLICATION (.PDF)
© 2016 Boys & Girls Clubs of South Alabama, All Rights Reserved.
1102 Government Street • Mobile, AL 36604 | 251.432.1235
In Partnership with: